Thursday, February 10, 2011

Krishna and Twinkly Star

One evening, Krishna was lying down on the grass, counting stars in the night sky. Then he noticed a little twinkly star who was twinkling more than ever. Mesmerized, he watched the tiny star, when suddenly, he felt pearly tear drops fall on him straight from the star!

Concerned, Krishna flew up to the star and asked, "What happened little star? Why are you so sad?"
The star answered, "Dear Krishna - I think of the great and beautiful Sun as my father. I so want to tell him that I love him, that I love my daddy. But I can't go near him. He is so big, and hot and bright, I shall shrivel up if I go near him. So I am loving him from here, and feeling sad that I can't tell him I love him."

"Oh dear. Don't worry little star. I will take your message for you!" and he asked the star to write a card for the sun. The star brightened up immediately, and said, "Oh will you please?"
She wrote a beautiful card for the sun, with the words
"Dear Daddy, I love you very much!" and signed off as Your daughter, Twinkly Star.

Krishna took the card and started flying towards the Sun, who was burning brightly in the other hemisphere. As he got nearer, he started feeling warmer and warmer. Finally, he was quite close to the sun, but he couldn't get any closer as it was just much too hot and bright. Krishna stopped and thought for a while, and then he reached out and pulled a dark cloud towards him. He then positioned the cloud between himself and the Sun, covering the sun in the process. Then he reached out into the cloud, to pass the Sun the card from Twinkly Star. "Oh great Sun, a star thinks of you as father and sends this message"

The sun gladly received the card and was very touched by the sweet card and the brave and resourceful messenger. He boomed, "Thank you Krishna! you have truly made my day. Please send my love to Twinkly star, and tell her this is for her!"
Saying so, he encouraged the dark cloud before him to spill gentle rain drops to earth even as he shone as brightly as he could. A beautiful rainbow formed that covered both hemispheres. Twinkly star saw the rainbow and her heart lightened as she understood that Krishna had delivered her card. She was very happy now.

Krishna slid on the rainbow all the way back to his own hemisphere and down to the pastures where he had been resting, landing softly on the grass near the cows and calfs grazing. It was just dawning and Krishna could see that it was going to be a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment